You can bury the ground vibration monitor transducer (internal or external) to couple it to the ground and prevent movement. Warning: Do not bury any ground vibration monitor or transducer in wet areas or places with poor drainage. Use the vibration monitors in dry installations where no water is expected. The ground must be hard and compact with no loose material between the ground vibration monitor or the standard transducer and the compact ground material.
Ground Vibration Monitor Transducer Burial Instructions:
1) Dig a hole from four inches (10 cm) to six inches (15 cm) deep.
2) Place the ground vibration monitor in a waterproof plastic bag to protect it from the surrounding ground material.
3) Position the ground vibration monitor or the standard transducer in the hole with the arrow pointing toward the event.
4) Level the ground vibration monitor or the standard transducer.
5) Compact the material around the ground vibration monitor or standard transducer while back-filling to securely couple either to the surrounding ground material. Do not cover a MiniMate Plus’s face panel. Press the Test key to check your sensors using Sensorcheck.
Warning: Seal the plastic bag to ensure water does not accumulate around the monitor.
Ground Vibration Monitor Transducer Burial Pictures